Pages


Sunday, September 13, 2015

Like Nothing I've Seen ......


Leh - Ladakh is one destination which every traveler wants to explore .. Leh Ladakh was one of the destinations I wanted to visit and movies like 3 idiots, Tashan and Jab Tak Hai Jaan ...just added fuel to the fire .. So how did I get Leh'd, one morning I got a phone call from my friend, and the only thing that I remember is "Let's go to the most awaited destination " and I was up for it.

Leh Ladakh is one of the spectacular regions located in northern most region of India, which is praised across the globe as one of the most adventurous tourist spot in India .... We had an early morning flight from Delhi to Leh, and I must say the view that we get from flight has its own appeal. When you are about to reach Ladakh the very first glimpse of snow laded mountains brings a twinkle to your eyes. It felt as if these mountains (yes the ones we see in movies) are greeting you, such a warm welcome .. Well isn't it ?

First view of Ladakh from flight

Shanti Stupa
My visit to  Ladakh was in August and the climate was cold or rather freezing cold for Mumbaikars and it is very important to take rest on the arrival since your body needs to acclimatize with climatic conditions. So following the instructions I decided to laze around and take small tour of my hotel. Evening was followed by visit to Shanti Stupa,overlooks the city of Leh and gives the best view of the entire city. Keeping it very easy since we had lots to experience in coming 7 days we kept the sightseeing in and around Leh to the minimum.....





Magnetic Hill

Day 2 started with a drive to Hermis monastery which is located at a distance of 40 kms from Leh. And then folowed by Magnetic Hill. The rare phenomenon of Magnetic Hill left me astonished, the hill possess magnetic properties which pulls the car uphill and passing aircraft increase altitude in order to escape magnetic interference. Meanwhile we also stopped at Gurudwara Pathar Saheb. I was already getting the feel of Tibetan culture while roaming in the local markets of Leh. There was one thing which I particularly noticed among st the localities was that there weren't much of horns happening while driving. It was very peaceful and not much of over taking happening (which we can't really expect in cities).


I was looking forward to next day which was to Numbra Valley via the World's Highest Motorable Road - Khardungla Pass(18380 feet). My day began very early since its a 6 hour drive from Leh and who wants to sleep when you are in Ladakh. Cameras on .. Ladakhi music on and I was all set for an overnight camping at Numbra Valley. While travelling to Numbra Valley, you can capture enthralling landscapes, mountain peaks and yawing valleys. On the arrival at Numbra Valley, we proceeded for a Camel ride. Yes one thing that took me by surprise was a Camel ride in Ladakh. Its one thing adventurers look for in Ladakh. I did not experience a camel ride since I am a very emotional animal lover but yes I did click some pictures .... There is one thing that I simply did not miss was a campfire and simple yet delicious food at Numbra Valley.
Highest Motorable Road In The World - Khardungla Top

Next morning was again a early wake up again .. Now you understand why they say rest as much as you can in Ladakh on arrival... We had our drive back to Leh halting at Diskit Gompa one of the oldest temples of this area, has a huge idol of Tsong - kha-pa crowned with Gelunpa yellow hat. And the added advantage while travelling back to Leh is we have to pass Khardungla Pass again and this time all we got was Snow .. Snow and lots of Snow.... Lucky me .. It was freezing cold and it's said that tourists are not allowed to wait for more than half an hour considering the extreme climatic changes at Khardungla Top.



Pangong Sarai
So you are already planning a trip .. Wait till I describe the most talked about and for obvious reasons- the most peaceful and undoubtedly the most beautiful place, I have visited till date  - Pangong lake... Ever wondered if the sound of a duck moving on water be distinctly audible ... Yes it is at Pangong lake. Your trip to Ladakh is incomplete if you don't stand knowing that across the turquoise waters lie the mountains of an even more isolated and gorgeous land - Tibet... On my way to Pangong Lake all I did was capturing one of the most beautiful shots and enjoyed the entire 6 hour long drive.. The location of our campsite - Pangong Sarai was one of its kind with mountains on one end and lake on the other... We couldn't ask for more ..  There is no better feeling than lying on the grass, seeing meteors (you can ask for a wish too, yes again hindi movies inspiration)... While your way back to Leh you can capture some images at the same spot where the climax of three idiots was shot ...

Mesmerizing Pangong Lake
Our itenary didn't have much of activity on the second last day  .. So I decided to enjoy gentle rafting trip on the River Indus. It gives the best opportunity to enjoy natural beauty of the spectacular landscape and the feel of icy cold water splashing on your face was the perfect way to end my Ladakh trip.... On my way back home .. It was again All smiles and a trip which is a must for every traveler ...

There is so much to see, so much to cherish and you will definitely bring back unlimited memories ...



No comments:

Post a Comment